September 09, 2006

So what got YOU into Rock Music ? (Part 1/2)

Let me just start by saying that I never, never let an opportunity go by when I can tease my sister about something. It usually ends with her stomping off - actually not so much of a stomp, as a tip-toe. She must be 22.5 Kgs... women these days, I tell you.

About Tonight:
I came back home at about 12:00 AM and she opened the door. After exchanging grunts, I headed to my room. Somewhere between then and now I heard the delicate strains of Nirvana's Lithum playing in her room and her friend was staying over.

I could'nt resist.
Me: "So, Nirvana and all huh"
Sister: "So"
Me: "Wow... u guys are so cool and all"
Sister: "HUH !@#%!@%"
Me (on a roll now): "2 angst ridden teenagers... Find a common soulmate in the raspy voice of Kurt Cobain"
Sister: Slams the door.

I walk away smiling, knowing fully well it was I who got her into rock music and the wanton rebellion thats included in the package deal.
And knowing fully well that somewhere behind that door was a quivering new subject for my sister to work on. A fresh sacrifice that must be taught the wicked ways of the rock underground.

She should be able to tell the mainstream metal (Metallica) from the new age kids stuff (Linkin Park), the classic rock (Deep Purple) from the elitist rock (Dream Theater).
She should be taught how to barf on instinct at the very mention of boy bands.
How to pretend she likes it, before actually liking and loving it.














*sniff* ...Smells like teen spirit

2 comments:

night patrol said...

yeh dude very witty story indeed! best part? "How to pretend she likes it, before actually liking and loving it".

it reminded me myself

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA!! Epic post... the ending line was the best..!! :-)