October 13, 2006

Goodbye Dear Friend, 2001 - 2006

It was 4 days back when he left our house, but I still remember how he came there in the first place. The story dates back to 2001.

Sometime in 2001:
I had earned enough cash by washing cars, and walking dogs. It wasn't a very enriching experience to say the least.

"6:00 AM, a cold winter morning.
Its so cold, your nipples are as hard as diamonds.
Your only friends are the other car washers... Raju and Suresh have their words of encouragement; They say it gets much better after the frostbite... You cant feel anything then. The monotony is broken with a bird shitting on my head... aah, the warmth."

By mid-2001, I had enough to make the purchase. It was a humid day. The bylanes of Lajpat Nagar in Delhi was our destination. After looked at the others it was clear that for Rs 9500 I was only going to get this bugger. The others were much more expensive.

Initially he was just supposed to help me impress the chicks. Period. Finito.
But over the years things changed. He helped with the chicks, and alot more.
We went everywhere Reydhun, Pepsi Storm, Youth Nexus, Pulse @ AIIMS, and many other places. He was friend, brother, the bile of my creativity (sorry ashwin).

All through school, I'd bunk thanks to him; And college, he was the excuse that let me keep long hair.

I could get drunk, hammered, wasted, sloshed, blown, intoxicated, bombed, canned, inebirated, juiced, tanked, pissed, plastered, sozzled, zonked ... And all people would say, It's OK ... he's a musican.

Then I sold the bugger... and to 2 guys in fake Nike's from Manipur.
This so they could start a punk band.... P U N K !!!
fuck punk. punk sucks.

....What was I thinking !!


Pi-ca-saaaaaaaaaaaa












"...It's OK, He's a musican."

7 comments:

Concerned said...

thieving bastard.

Well you had to sell it. You got a good deal for it and got a better guitar in exchange.

I'll be leaving for Jaipur tomorrow. When I get to delhi maybe we can try and jam. Who knows... maybe I'll even remember how to play some chords.

Cynical Consultant said...

Good deal? ... Yes!
As they say,
No Gain.. (take) No Pain.

PS. I dont think you'll remember anything below come as you are.

Nikhil said...

http://quirkymurmur.blogspot.com/2006/05/losing-my-religion.html
would probably give you an idea of what I'm doing in Pondicherry.

The posts following the one mentioned above would give you an idea about my time in Pondicherry!

Anonymous said...

hahaha!! why did u get rid of the amp but?!

Cynical Consultant said...

@ Mr. Singh:
Nahi nahi... the amp is still very much there.
I need something to maketh the noise with !

ugly duckling said...

'he'...wat brotherhood!! stomp all brotherhood out of existence!!
ps- i m on very very heavy medication...

Keshi said...

wut a blue blue hunk! I love guitars.

Keshi.